January 19, 2006

My First Confession


My first confession: I am a total blog beginner.

I’ve only been reading food blogs for the last year. It is a dizzyingly large community, and one of the main reasons I have been putting off creating my own blog is the simple question: when there’s already so much out there, what can I hope to add? Well, I will probably never cook as well as Stephencooks, nor shall I take as glorious photographs as Nordljus, nor write as concisely and appealingly as Chocolate and Zucchini. But one thing that is missing from the lexicon of food bloggery is a site focusing on the culinary cornucopia of Cape Town. Aside from my personal fondness for my hometown, I believe that Cape Town has so much to offer in its own, unique food culture, so this blog is going to look at all things delicious and South African, with a focus on the Cape, looking at restaurants, shops and recipes. And the odd foray into the culinary struggles of a Capetonian cooking in America!

So, welcome to the Gooseberry, and happy eating.

Categories: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, Gooseberry! Welcome to the foodblogosphere! And thank you so much for the kind words and the link! I'm looking forward to learning about the cuisine of Cape Town...

Thursday, 26 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home