June 12, 2006

Welcome to Berkeley

Well, I've said goodbye to Providence, and spent a hectic three weeks visiting Montreal, New York and Maine. I'll post on those trips as soon as I find the time, but for now, here is a picture of my supper, eaten on the front steps, overlooking my new, jungly front garden in Berkeley, California. I'm working here over the summer, and then returning home to South Africa.


A barely seared beef steak, tiny, mottled fingerling potatoes (boiled and then mashed with a drop of olive oil and some salt), and a tomato and red onion salad. The salad's always the first thing I make when I arrive in a new place in summer. Olive oil, salt, pepper, finely slivered red onions and chopped ripe tomatoes, left to marinate while dinner cooks.

It's going to be a delicious summer.

Categories: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home